GO FARTHER, STAY LONGER, AND HIKE HARDER!
Why Rent Llamas?
Working llamas have been packing weight from one destination to another for humans for over 4000 years. Why not let them pack for you?
Quality bred and trained Pack Llamas also known as the Working Llama, Classic Llama or CCARA Llama are experts at carrying heavy pay loads in rugged terrain. It is built into their DNA. Our llamas are bred, trained, and conditioned to pack. Only our best llamas get to go out on the trail with rental customers. Our llamas are wonderful trail companions and have had years of exposure to new people, elements and scenarios. They go to the mountains with dozens of new people every year. You can rent llamas for a fraction of the cost to buy llamas or horses.
All llama rentals include: Saddle, blanket, panniers, scale, halter & lead rope, stake, stakeout lead, llama mineral & feed pellets, white 4 gallon square buckets with lids, orange neck band for llamas.
Go Further Packages
Stay Longer Packages
Hike Harder Packages
Rental Clinic Training
Overnight Llama Pack Clinic
"We were thrilled with our rented llamas from Wilderness Ridge Trail Llamas from Idaho Falls. We had tried using goats as pact animals. Although they were amusing, we were happy to switch to Beau’s well trained llamas. We took them on a traverse of the Pioneer Mts near our home in Ketchum, Idaho, and spent many hours climbing and descending ridges on game trails, across shale, snowfields, climbing over fallen logs, stream crossings. The llamas performed wonderfully. Water crossings, no problem, jumping over fallen trees, no problem. Staking out and grazing no problem. They eat and eat everything. The llamas were calm in difficult conditions, easy to saddle and couldn’t have been more reliable and delightful. We will definitely rent from Beau again.”Thanks, Sarah & Bob
All rental trailers are 12' long, weigh 3,500 pounds and are tandem axle. The trailers are all set up to take a 7 pin round (see picture below). Please make sure your truck is set up with a break controller, no blown fuses, and fits a 7 pin round trailer plug or bring your own adapter. We provide the trailer hitch for you. All the trailers take a 2" ball. Feel free to bring your own hitch as well.
Llamas are ideal for these uses:
- Back packers looking to take more gear into the mountains
- Groups looking to bring along fresh food
- Scout groups needing pack animals to carry in food and gear
- Seasoned back packers looking to relieve stress on their knees and back
- Hunters looking to carry camp in and game out quickly and effectively
- Back country enthusiast looking to extend their range
- Unique trips where you will need to pack in water
- Going climbing and need to take in your climbing gear?
- Setting up a base camp to be able to summit multiple peaks
- Exploring multiple lakes or rivers on a fly-fishing expedition
- Packing in supplies to work camps, trail maintenance crews or lookout stations
- Setting up your own drop camp
- Site seeing and photography tours
- Hiking portions of the CDT (Continental Divide Trail) or PCT (Pacific Crest Trail)
- If you’re looking to buy llamas and want to try them out first