We invite llama enthusiasts of all experience levels to join us in a celebration of all things pack llamas! Our goal is to bring together the pack llama community so that we may learn, ask questions, share stories, and form friendships.
Along with the opportunity to learn and connect, folks will have the chance to get their llamas screened and registered with the North American Ccara Association (NACA), courtesy of WRTL. For folks that don’t have llamas yet, or for those looking to add to their herd, we will be hosting a Llama Auction. Scroll further down this page for more information on the auction.
The cost of the event is $25.00 per adult for each day you attend the event or $60 for the full event VIP Pass. This is to help cover food cost, and to assist in travel for our guest speakers. $5.00 per child per day or $12 for the weekend VIP Pass. (child is 12 and under). NACA Board Members, speakers and volunteers no charge. If you would like to volunteer at the event we have 4 slots still open.
Camping is provided for dry camps at the Baty Ranch located at 9038 E. Ririe Hwy Idaho Falls, ID 83401. Bring your tent, or camper. We will have drinking water, porta-potties and hand washing stations for you.
There will also be ample opportunities to stock up on gear and see what’s out there! We will have WRTL gear for sale, including saddles, new and used pannier sets, lead ropes, and more. We’ll also be facilitating a raffle, silent auction and gear exchange, so bring cash/check/card and any gear you wish to sell or trade!
Rules of the Rendezvous
- Llamas must be on a lead, tied up, or staked out at all times. You are free to walk your llamas around the property.
- Please be courteous and keep your llamas controlled at all times. Do not let your llamas sniff noses or aggravate other llamas around them as we will have a mix of males (intact) and females.
- Ask permission before you pet or work with someone else’s llama. Some people do not want you touching their llamas, and some llamas don't like strangers.
- If you are going to bring hay to the event please use only certified weed-free hay. Otherwise hay will be provided for you at the event free of charge while your animals are at the event.
- Please clean up after yourself and your llamas. There is a compost pile that you can haul your llama droppings, old hay and bedding to.
- Use the porta-potties. WRTL has rented 4 porta-potties so please use them.
- Water for llamas and humans. Our faucets all use our well water. You can fill up from any of the orange handled faucets.
- Be careful around roads. The roads can be very busy and some people drive at unsafe speeds. We have high fences on the property that surround the entire grounds. Once you get off the main highway into the compound you are in the safety zone.
- Due to how many animals we will have at this event there will be no dogs allowed.
- Tuesday, June 8thLlama Screening
- Wednesday, June 9thLlama Screening
- Thursday, June 10thTraining Workshops
- Friday, June 11thAnimal Intro/SeminarsDinner and Storytelling
- Saturday, June 12thLlama Auction, BBQ & Fireside Storytelling
- Sunday, June 13thClean up and send off auction animals
Screening Days (6/8, 6/9)We invite you to attend our llama screening days (June 8th and 9th) free of charge! These screening days are devoted to helping folks get their llamas screened and registered with the North American Ccara Association (NACA). This registry, in cooperation with the International Llama Registry (ILR), is established as a formal recording program for the Ccara llama using strict screening criteria. Screening takes place at the WRTL Ranch in Idaho Falls, ID. All llamas being transported out of state must have health certificates provided by your local vet. Llamas can be housed at the Baty Ranch (WRTL facilities). NOTE: If you would like to watch the llamas being screened or have your own llamas screened, please pre-register by clicking the orange registration button below or by calling Beau Baty (208-270-7749).
Every participant, seller, buyer, and NACA member must pre-register by going to the button link below. Kids 17 and under are not required to register.
Note- All buyers will be screened by the information provided on your event registration form before each buyer is given the green light to participate in the auction and bid on llamas.
Registration Fees (helps with food costs, etc.)
Adult Day Ticket: $25.00/day
Adult VIP Pass: $60 for the full event
Kid (12 and under) Day Ticket: $5.00/day
Kid VIP Pass: $12 for the full event
NACA Board Members, Speakers and Volunteers: no charge
Auction InformationWe hope to provide those interested in starting or growing their llama herd an opportunity to purchase working llamas at a fair market value. There are many waiting lists out there for llamas right now, so we are trying to provide an open platform for those able and willing to get into llamas. We hope to continue the Rendy on an annual or bi-annual basis so that the llama packing community can continue to grow!
Auction Rules and Regulations
- All livestock buyers and sellers should read over and become familiar with the Llama Packing Handbook. The llama manual will be sent to you after you register for the event and auction.
- All animals must be identified in accordance to their ownership dates by the ILF or have proper documentation stating their DOB pedigree, and health history (in the health history please include all vaccinations and dates they were given).
- All llamas must have an identification tag or microchip in the ear at the time of entry in the WRTL 2020 Llama Auction
- All llamas entered into the auction must be halter trained, lead on a loose lead and follow handler, be saddle and pannier trained, and go in and out of trailer with ease.
- ANY animals that are not properly cared for prior to the auction will not be sold.
- ANY animals that are not properly cared for after the auction will disqualify the buyer or seller from the sale for the following year.
- All sellers selling an animal at the WRTL 2020 Auction MUST be present in the ring, at the sale. Sellers must also provide buyers with the proper fitting halters and lead ropes of each llama being sold.
- All llamas sold at the WRTL 2020 Auction become property of the buyer at the point of the purchase which is when money has exchanged hands.
- The sale fee will be deducted from the sale price. All sale fees/commission will be made payable to Wilderness Ridge Trail Llamas. Commission rates paid to WRTL as follows: 1-3 llamas 15%, 4-10 12%, 11+ llamas 10%. All commissions are due after the auction on June 13th, 2020 by midnight.
- SALE ETIQUETTE It is not the responsibility of anyone to buy an animal at the auction, but it is a privilege for the seller to have someone buy it. With that in mind, sellers should never harass, complain, or jeopardize a potential buyer in any way. It is also the Seller’s responsibility to thank the person or business who purchased their llama.
- All llamas must be transported to their final destination no later than June 24th, 2020. This is 10 days after the action has been completed. Our local vet will be on site to give llamas proper health work for where they will be traveling. This cost is taken care of by WRTL. Please reach out to Beau Baty (208-270-7749) if you have any questions about how llamas will be or can be transported.
- Never jeopardize a friendship during the auction. Be courteous and polite to all others during the auction.
- ALWAYS be courteous to bidders, buyers, sellers, and by-standers attending the auction. Don’t be afraid to meet and greet your neighbor. You never know, they just might be your next good friend. After all, we all love llamas and are at the event because we share something in common. Please keep this in mind.
- Each person that is registered for the auction will be given a bidding paddle with a number that is tied to their registration number. You must have your paddle when bidding on llamas. You will be given your paddle the morning of the auction at check in.
Gear Sale Information
For all orders of pellets and mineral over 5 bags please pre-order by May 1, 2020.
This is an opportunity to bring gear and equipment that you would like to trade or sell as well. If you have gear or llamas for sale please reach out to Beau Baty 208-270-7749
We will also be raffling away some great prizes and have a silent auction. We are accepting donation items for the silent auction. All proceeds from the silent auction will go to raise money for the North America Ccara Association.
- Used panniers made by WRTL from $150 per set to $250 per set. These are all in great condition.
- New panniers made by WRTL $285.00. Show special!
- Llama First aid Kits $200.00
- Llama Brushes $12.00
- Llama Halters of all sizes provided by Sopris Unlimited. When only the best will do.
- Lead ropes $25.00, Stakes $4.00, Stake out leads $30.00
- Wither Height Measuring tool $225.00
- Llama Pellets “cookies” 50-pound bags for $25.00/bag
- Llama Mineral 50-pound bags for $50.00/bag
- Used and new llama saddles from $300.00-$650.00
- Saddle pads $50.00, and quick release bungees $30.00
- Neck collars (orange with reflective tape) $25.00
- 4-gallon white square buckets with lids ($8.00 for set)
Camping is provided for dry camps at the Baty Ranch located at 9038 E. Ririe Hwy Idaho Falls, ID 83401. Bring your tent or camper. We will have drinking water, porta-potties, and hand washing stations.
If you are interested in camping at a campsite with all of the amenities, we highly recommend camping at Heise RV Park and Campground. It is just 15 minutes from our ranch and is right on the South Fork of the Snake River. Next to the campground (walking distance) there is a pizza parlor, golf course, zipline and natural hot springs.
If you would like to stay in a hotel during the event, we highly recommend Springhill Suites in Idaho Falls, Idaho. It is right on the river and they do a wonderful job!
For recommendations on places to eat, check out some of our favorite restaurants:
Area AttractionsWith Yellowstone National Park, Jackson Hole, world class fisheries, and the Llama Rendy of 2020, what more could you want? We highly recommend making your visit to our area a vacation for the family.
Want to float the river and try your hand at fishing? Rent a drift boat from our friend Alex at Renegade Drift Boat Rentals: (208) 254-4424
Book a day hike in Yellowstone National Park
Soak in some local hot springs
Want to see bears? Take your family to Yellowstone Bear World
Visit Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Check out the Museum of Idaho, right here in Idaho Falls
Stop by the East Idaho Aquarium - you won’t be disappointed!
Come see our quaint, but interactive zoo
Want to take a load off and see a flick? Check out our IMAX Theatre