The Explorer - (4 Hour)
Who does not want to enjoy a half day hiking with a handsome llama companion in some of Utah’s most beautiful landscapes? If you are looking for something off the beaten path that you will never forget then this half day hiking tour is for you. We can go at any pace to match your desired outcome for this hike. If you are looking to challenge yourself we have routes that offer more difficult terrain. This is a great hike to see some high plain flowers and plants. Spring and summer is beautiful with the desert wild flower blossom and small critters hopping around the valley.
This area boasts an incredible diverse landscape with broad, sweeping vistas, layer upon layer of various rock formations and cliffs, limitless sky, dried up river beds and more. The scenery is just spectacular!
Your guide can give you a one-on-one landscape interpretation of the unique geology, flora, fauna, and archeological in the area, as well as, answer any questions about your llama companion. Our llamas can carry your day hiking gear, water, food and more.
We may see one or two other people off in the distance. Chances are we will not see a single other person on this trip. Due to our exclusive access few people get to see this portion of the Western Water Pocket Fold.
Elevation Gain/Loss:150-600 Feet Quality of Trail: Very Well Maintained Physical Requirements: Frequent exercise and good health Duration of Trip:4 Hour (sometimes a few minutes longer) Distance of Hike: 2-6mi / 3.21-9.65km All trips require a two person minimum. If hiking alone, contact us and we will direct you to a group.
*Price does not include gratuity for your guide or sales tax
- Industry leading guide that is medically trained, energetic, knowledgeable and friendly
- Well trained llama companions to join us on our hike
- Trekking poles to hike with (if desired)
- Our effort to fulfill our mission statement to each guest to make the trip informational, exciting, informative and memorable. This is your day, we will do our best to make it special.
- Photography opportunities
- Chairs and table for our backcountry lunch
We will meet you in front of the Capitol Reef Resort Lobby.
2600 E Highway Torrey, UT 84775 Resort Phone Number: 435-425-3761
Your guide will be there with the llamas waiting for you at a predetermined time.If you pre-booked in advance your trip your guide will reach out to one week prior to your arrival to confirm your trip and go over any questions you may have. They will also give you a weather update and verify and food allergies you may have.
- Hiking shoe or hiking boots (closed toe is best)
- Water bottle (1+ liter capacity)
- Sunscreen or sunhat
- Waterproof poncho or rain jacket
- Warm hat and gloves (Early Spring, Fall and Winter)
- Warm wool or fleece top and bottom (Early Spring, Fall, and Winter)
- Gratuity for your Guide
- Cold or frozen bottle of water or Gatorade
- Ankle or knee brace (if needed)
Full day hikes start at 8:00 am unless you request otherwise.
Half day (4 hour) hikes start per your request.
2 hour Hikes start time is per your request.
1 hour hikes start time is per your request.