The Jaunt - (1 Hour)
If you love hiking, the desert landscape, or simply want a photo opportunity this is the hike for you. With industry leaders as your guide and sturdy llama companions by your side this is one of the few things you get to do on your vacation that you will never forget. We hike ½-2 miles along Sulphur Creek bed that is full of gypsum (crystal) vanes. We have exclusive access to the Western Water Pocket Fold portion of Capitol Reef National Park. With the Red Bluff, Meeks Mesa and Thousand lakes in the backdrop the scenery simply couldn’t get much better. We will introduce you to the llamas and each person will have the opportunity to lead their own llama if they choose. Your guide will greatly enhance your trip with their personal touch and interpretation of the flora and fauna. We also provide an organic snacks and water for each guest.
We may see one or two other people off in the distance. Chances are we will not see a single other person on this trip. Due to our exclusive access few people get to see this portion of the Western Water Pocket Fold.
Elevation Gain/Loss:25-150 Feet Quality of Trail: Very Well Maintained Physical Requirements: Frequent exercise and good health Duration of Trip:1 Hour (sometimes a few minutes longer) Distance of Hike: 1/2-2mi / .80-3.22km
- Industry leading guide that is medically trained, energetic, knowledgeable and friendly
- Well trained llama companions to join us on our hike
- Organic Snacks and water for each person
- Trekking poles to hike with (if desired)
- Our effort to fulfill our mission statement to each guest to make the trip informational, exciting, informative and memorable. This is your day, we will do our best to make it special. Photography opportunities
We will meet you in front of the Capitol Reef Resort Lobby.
2600 E Highway Torrey, UT 84775 Resort Phone Number: 435-425-3761
Your guide will be there with the llamas waiting for you at a predetermined time.If you pre-booked in advance your trip your guide will reach out to one week prior to your arrival to confirm your trip and go over any questions you may have. They will also give you a weather update and verify and food allergies you may have.
- Hiking shoe or hiking boots (closed toe is best)
- Water bottle (1+ liter capacity)
- Sunscreen or sunhat
- Waterproof poncho or rain jacket
- Warm hat and gloves (Early Spring, Fall and Winter)
- Warm wool or fleece top and bottom (Early Spring, Fall, and Winter)
- Gratuity for your Guide
- Cold or frozen bottle of water or Gatorade
- Ankle or knee brace (if needed)